We are thrilled to announce that our upcoming production scheduling solution, CIMCO Scheduler, has entered the final stages of development and testing. In this post we will provide an overview of what CIMCO Scheduler is all about.
What is CIMCO Scheduler?
CIMCO Scheduler is a production scheduling solution that is built on CIMCO’s robust and proven client, server and database software. It enables customers to increase the accuracy of delivery dates, helps identify untapped production capacity or bottlenecks, and allows for planning of preventative maintenance.
The solution consists of three main components: the planning software, the operator software and the monitoring software.
The main software application (which is also called CIMCO Scheduler) provides a central digital planning board where production orders can be planned out, organized and tracked in a timeline-based environment. The application includes time-saving features such as automatic rescheduling of orders, setup of order dependencies, import/export of order data and more.
On the shop floor side of things, the status of orders are controlled through CIMCO’s customizable Operator Screen which is also used for entering downtime reasons if a stop occurs while an order is being processed.
For complete order monitoring, order data can also be visualized and aggregated in Dashboards, with performance KPIs as required, and as digital signage using CIMCO’s Live Screens and Shop Floor Screens *.
Because CIMCO Scheduler builds on CIMCO’s foundation of software components, it is also a very scalable solution that can be expanded in different areas such as adding machine monitoring and manufacturing data collection capabilities if later required.
Key features in CIMCO Scheduler
- Overview and plan orders visually on a timeline
- Manage workorders and operations in a single application
- Drag-and-drop orders to reschedule
- Setup order and operation dependencies
- Allows for automatic scheduling of orders
- Setup individual shifts for each machine
- Integrate data from existing ERP system
- Includes secure User/Group management system
- Control order status and downtime reasons with Operator Screen
- Display key order data on Dashboard, Live Screen and Shop Floor Screen
- Generate analytics and reports based on order data
- Supports national holidays
We expect to release CIMCO Scheduler during Q4/Q1 2021 and will provide more information here on our website in the coming months. If you want to know more about CIMCO Scheduler and how it can benefit your company, then please feel free to contact us here.