New Web Client for CIMCO MDM Released
We are thrilled to announce that a new web client has been released for our manufacturing data management solution, CIMCO MDM.
On the technical side, the new client is a web application built on cutting edge technologies which means it runs in any modern browser, but behaves much like a native Windows application with zero reloading. The greatly improved interface is auto-updated in real-time to reflect data changes on the server and adapts to any size screen such as mobile, tablet and desktop.
From a user perspective, the new client will feature more of the functionality found in the Windows/PC client such as improved search, file previews, workflows, and much more.
Here are some of the features that are available in the new client:
- Easily search and navigate files and folders
- Preview the contents of files and metadata (notes, logs, toollists, etc)
- Transfer programs directly to machines
- Capture and upload pictures directly from device camera (e.g. mobile, tablet)
- Start custom automated workflows
- Syncs with existing user settings (columns, search fields, permissions)
- HTTPS support
- Modern interface with support for Bright and Darkmode
- Improved performance, speed and security (HTTPS and no reloading)
- No installation on device required, only access to network
- OS independent, accessible on any device with a modern browser
- Allows for quick and easy access anywhere on the shop floor
With the current list of features, the new web client has already surpassed the capabilities of the old and there’s more planned for the future. In 2023 we expect to add a new operator view, that combines an Operator interface with MDM.
Please contact us if you wish to learn more about the new web client for CIMCO MDM.